Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Gloves

Hello, Friends!

My apologies that I've been so MIA! The Hubster and I have been sick, besides being busy having a very lovely Christmas. 

It seems like each winter some item rises above the rest as my most-knit item of the season. For several years when I first started knitting, this was, predictably, scarves. I knit oodles and oodles. 

Christmas 2006: lots of scarves!

 This year, though, it's been gloves. Gloves, gloves, and more gloves for about two months. Every now and then I feel a bit sick of them, but everyone who has a pair seems to love them so much (myself included), that I think they really are a worthwhile endeavor. 

So, I'd like to highlight a few pairs I've knit recently. 

First: cotton handwarmers. 
These are ribbed all the way down and have a longer cuff than the ones I've shared with y'all previously. I just sold a tan pair on Etsy, and I knit these for a friend. 


  
Second: Wool Fingerless Gloves. 
These were my mama's Christmas present, and I have to admit that I'm rather proud of them (though all photo credit goes to her and my dad--they sent these lovely pics to me this morning). They're trimmed with mulberry to match her coat. 



Third, and finally, my current project: Tree of Life Fingerless Gloves. 
I knit myself a pair of these two years ago, darned them last winter, but, as the photo shows, they're really in desperate need of replacing. So, I've finally started knitting myself a new pair! 

Love them? Check out the pattern at KnitPicks.

 
Well, there you have it, folks. My glove knitting mania in words and pictures. 

Remember, I love custom orders, so hop on over to my Etsy shop if you have a hankering for a pair of gloves knit just to your fancy! 

Adventure well; Live fully.
HAK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments about this post--I'd love to hear from you!